Goals,I’ve got goals in different areas so…

Sing the title using the Ludacris’ song, Area codes and it will make sense😂 Sorry I crack myself up! Okay serious stuff now ahem. It’s the last day of July, we are entering into a new month, so it’s the perfect time for new starts and goals to work towards. I’m writing this post so you guys can keep track of my progress. I’m going to do my best to achieve them all!

Blog goals

I know many of you will say social media numbers don’t count. I think they do to a certain degree. The more followers you have, the more people your blog can potentially reach. With this in mind, I have set the following goals for social media with where I’m currently at in brackets:

Twitter-1200 (1027)

Instagram-800 (726)

WordPress- 35 (15)

August blog goals

Aside from from the social media targets, I would also like to maintain posting weekly on my blog. Life gets in the way, so it may not be the same day every week, but I’m aiming for every Tuesday. That way I have a few days to promote the post before the weekend hits.

Me, myself and I

My blog is part of my life, not all of it! So I have to make sure that I’m taking enough time out for me. This means self care, exercise, and developing myself. So here are the goals for myself:

• Read at least one book this month (currently reading Slay In Your Lane)

• Have a meat free day- keep meaning for this to happen but I haven’t been intentional

• Exercise at least once a week

• Have a minimum of 2 baby free social outings

• Have a mani pedi done

Slay In Your Lane book

Home sweet home

My daughter recently organised her bedroom space with the help of her Nan. It looks so good, I feel inspired. In order for this to be effective, I need to have a massive clear out so I can see what I’m working with and what I need to get from IKEA 😂 You also need to get rid of the old to welcome the new 😉

Without further ado, here are the goals for my home:

• Clear space under the stairs and get storage unit for the babies toys and books

• Ruthless wardrobe/drawer cleanse

• Get rid of baby clothes that are too small

That’s my family tree

Last but not least, I have my lovely family. These guys are so important to me. I may have quite a bit on, but everything in this life requires balance…ask Thanos! Maybe that was a bad example🤣

Here are my family goals:

• Weekly date night with the hubby

• Board game Sunday

• Take Hezzy swimming

• Movie day

• At least one family activity/trip

My family collage

Now I’m not going to promise you videos of me sweating like a pig after 5 mins of exercise. I will however document as much as I can, and might even do an Insta live where you actually see me lolz!

I will be sure to update you at the end of the August to let you know how it all went!!

August the 8th month of the year, think you can start thinking about Christmas now lol, check out this post

Share:

15 Comments

1. August 1, 2018 / 5:35 am

Great post,. Thia has given me inspiration to do the same,. Good luck with your ttargets am sure you will smash them!

• trousseau
      Author
      August 1, 2018 / 5:40 am

Thanks hun, I will be really putting the graft in this month lol. Thank you for your support xx

2. August 1, 2018 / 2:41 pm

Love these goals! Setting them at the start of the month is so motivating to stick to them! Good luck with your follow count, Followed you & I hope you reach it soon! 💗

• trousseau
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 7:52 pm

Thank you so much! The follow/unfollow struggle is so real! But as long as I climb from where I am, that’s progress. Setting goals early on, has definitely given me that drive, as I have longer to achieve them ❤

• trousseau
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Thank you! Growing social media can either feel like the gift that keeps on giving, or stunted growth 🤣 I’ll just stay positive in the hope that everything will go in the right direction xx

3. August 2, 2018 / 11:38 am

I love the term “ruthless wardrobe cleanse”!!! I bet most of us good use one of those. Thanks for inspiring me to take a second look in some of my drawers!

• trousseau
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Lol! I always say to my daughter that a clear space, helps you to have a clear mind. My ruthless wardrobe cleanse means I can fill it with new things 🙈

4. August 2, 2018 / 12:53 pm

I have been SO BAD about reading lately. I keep putting “finish my book” on my goal for each week, but I never stop to take the time to actually do it. I think because reading is the one task where I can’t multitask, lol. I’m going to make sure that if I don’t check off any other goals this week, I definitely get that one!

• trousseau
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 8:21 pm

I know what you mean about not being able to multitask while reading! Reading is definitely a me time activity. I don’t drive, so my way around reading is doing it on public transport, on my travels. Hope you get to finish your book x

5. August 2, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Good luck with your goals!

• trousseau
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Thanks Ellen, so ready started on them, so here’s hoping I make it!

• trousseau
      Author
      August 11, 2018 / 10:45 am

Thank you so much! 😊 retweet accounts are brilliant as well. The more people you can interact with on social media can potentially impact your blog reach. Have a lovely weekend x

6. August 11, 2018 / 7:03 pm

Some great tips here, I need to follow some of these