I’ve Got Goals – My August Goals Update

The way August flew by and September crept in like a silent assassin! My goodness, this year is absolutely flying by! Before I know it, i’ll be back at work 😥. So you may or may not remember my post about my August goals. This is a post summarising what I achieved and what didn’t quite work out! 😁

Quick Update- August Goals

Blog goals

I am happy to say that I smashed all my blogging goals. I surpassed my goals set for Twitter, Instagram and WordPress. Here is a quick reminder of how things were in July (figure in brackets) and what I wanted to achieve for August:

Twitter-1200 (1027)

Instagram-800 (726)

WordPress- 35 (15)

This is where I was at the end of August:

Twitter-1336

Instagram-999

WordPress- 39

I’m really happy that I smashed my targets. I definitely underestimated how much work it would take to get there. I had to step out of my comfort zone, and do a bit of self promotion. It definitely paid off. To get these results, I felt that I had to do a fair bit of work each day on each platform. It really took time. On Instagram, I would have days where I felt stuck between numbers and thought, you know what, whatever! Lol 🤣 I pushed through and I finally passed 1k!

Me, myself and I

So yes, although my blog goals worked out, my self care goals weren’t completed.

• The book I was reading didn’t get finished. sad times I know, but I will finish it this week

• I had 4 meat free days, one each week. There was a week, I actually forgot . I actually felt good for doing this. I got more creative with my cooking and who knows, I may have meat free week!

• Exercise half happened. I went swimming and went on some really long walks. This is something I want to be intentional about. So this month, I have to do some classes to really work up a sweat!

• The baby free outings in August definitely happened. I went to Busaba Eathai for a friend’s goodbye dinner and also went to an escape room with my family. In addition to this, I even got to go to Caribbean Food Week!

food stand at Caribbean Food Week

Apple Kick from Busaba Eathai

• Unfortunately, My mani pedi didn’t happen 😥 I just couldn’t fit one in! Now we are in the autumn months, I can get a lovely deep colour. Evidence will be posted on the gram

Home sweet home

I set 3 goals for my home and accomplished 2. One is still outstanding!

• I cleared the space under the stairs and I organised the baby’s toys and books.

• I didnt sort my wardrobe and drawers out like I wanted. To be honest, each time I thought about it, I was like, hell to the nah! It’s a big job that will happen this month!

• All of the baby’s clothes have been sorted. All of the stuff that was too small was donated to the local charity shop.

That’s my family tree

I didn’t do too badly here either to be fair.

• Weekly date night with the hubby wasn’t weekly, but we fit some things in. We have both agreed we need to make date night happen. It’s so important.

• Board game Sunday happened! We played Game of Life and Nays won! I came second! Whoop whoop!

Game of Life boardgame

• Taking Hezzy swimming didn’t happen and I have a good excuse. Hezzy got promoted to big bath from baby bath. He absolutely hated it! He loves the bath now and it’s actually a chore trying to get him out. I will try taking him this month and hopefully he won’t throw a wobbly.

• Movie day- We had a few movie nights. As we have such a vast movie collection, i dont know why we don’t do it more often.

• For our family trip, we went to see Antman and Wasp. It was a pretty good movie.

To be honest, I completed a majority of my goals. What about the goals I didn’t achieve? I’m simply going to roll them into September. I will post my progress on Instagram. I haven’t given much thought to my goals for this month, but there will definitely be things to work towards. It is extremely satisfying to tick tasks or goals off of a list.

Did you achieve all you wanted to in the month of August? Let me know in the comments

Until next time,

Trousseau xx

16 Comments

1. September 6, 2018 / 6:03 pm

I loved reading this. Thinking to do a similar map of my goals. I saw the picture of the grace logo and though “oooh she’s Jamaican” but then I saw you said you went to the Caribbean food week lol. Looks like you had a great August.

• trousseau
      Author
      September 6, 2018 / 6:10 pm

I’m so happy you enjoyed the post! It’s good having goals to work towards. Having them written down makes it so much easier. I love Grace foods lol! I’m half West Indian and half West African based in the UK. I had a wonderful August, now it’s time for hot drinks, dark mornings and colder weather 😂

2. September 6, 2018 / 10:02 pm

Oh wow! Super happy you’ve accomplished your goals! I still cannot believe it’s September! It’s crazy how time flew by! Great post! You make me wanna go plan out my goals for the month, I haven’t done so yet❤️

• trousseau
      Author
      September 6, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Thank you so much! I didn’t get all of them but achieved most, so I’m happy with that. I have to set some goals for September myself! It would be great to see what your goals for the month are! Thanks for taking time out to have a read 😘

3. September 6, 2018 / 10:04 pm

This is awesome! Teach me how you increased your twitter and IG by so many though, I’m struggling lol Nice post, keep it up! xoxo

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 9:56 am

I’m glad you liked it! With Twitter, you just have to be bold enough to interact with people. I’ve found that Twitter chats are amazing for meeting other bloggers. You have an opportunity to post your links and you can get follows on the back of that. In addition to this, follow trains posted by retweet accounts are excellent for building your numbers up. It is also another great way to interact with other bloggers. Both of these things do require a bit of work. I hope that was useful hun xx

4. September 7, 2018 / 9:13 am

I really like how you outline your goals and congrats on S M A S H I N G your social media growth/targets! I love reading other bloggers’ goals and see how people approach their life, what is important for them at that moment, etc. Keep storming!!

Olli – http://www.olliviette.com

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 10:12 am

Thanks a lot! As life is multifaceted, I felt my goals had to reflect that. The social media goals were not easy, but of a graft! However, im looking at September now and thinking about setting some medium and long term goals too! Thank you for commenting 🤗

5. September 7, 2018 / 9:24 am

I really enjoyed this post – I think it’s AMAZING how you set yourself goals and actually track whether you accomplish them or not – it’s really inspiring, you should feel so proud of yourself!

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 8:47 pm

Thank you so much hun! I’ve been tracking my progress as I’m one of those people Who I likes to tick things off lists! Lol! Even though my goals may seem silly to some, I feel so accomplished when I hit a target or reach my goal. Thanks for stopping by to have a read ❤❤

6. September 7, 2018 / 11:37 am

Congrats on achieving your goals! This is such a cool post & very inspiring. and august flew by so fast that before we know it it’ll be 2019 ahaha.

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 9:09 pm

August came and went way too quickly! Thank you so much for reading. I just need to set some goals for this month now, before September runs off and leaves me in the dust! 🤣

7. September 7, 2018 / 12:38 pm

Sounds like you had a very successful month, well done! I always love to tick things off a list, I write a simple to do list every day.xx

angelwingsandpetticoats.com

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 9:07 pm

So thankful! Didn’t do too badly lol! I didn’t get everything done, but the fact I got some things done is a definite win! I thought I was the only one who loved lists! 😘❤

8. September 7, 2018 / 3:37 pm

It is so important to set goals to get where you need to be, whether big or small. Congrats on smashing your blog goals, you have done really well!x

Natasha | http://www.twicethetalk.co.uk

• trousseau
      Author
      September 7, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. Goals and goalsetting are extremely important to me at the moment because I’m on maternity leave. I sometimes feel a bit lost without work lol, so having personal goals and working towards them helps me keep my sense of purpose, if that makes sense? Thank you for taking time out to read the post 🤗