The way August flew by and September crept in like a silent assassin! My goodness, this year is absolutely flying by! Before I know it, i’ll be back at work 😥. So you may or may not remember my post about my August goals. This is a post summarising what I achieved and what didn’t quite work out! 😁
I am happy to say that I smashed all my blogging goals. I surpassed my goals set for Twitter, Instagram and WordPress. Here is a quick reminder of how things were in July (figure in brackets) and what I wanted to achieve for August:
WordPress- 35 (15)
This is where I was at the end of August:
I’m really happy that I smashed my targets. I definitely underestimated how much work it would take to get there. I had to step out of my comfort zone, and do a bit of self promotion. It definitely paid off. To get these results, I felt that I had to do a fair bit of work each day on each platform. It really took time. On Instagram, I would have days where I felt stuck between numbers and thought, you know what, whatever! Lol 🤣 I pushed through and I finally passed 1k!
Me, myself and I
So yes, although my blog goals worked out, my self care goals weren’t completed.
• The book I was reading didn’t get finished. sad times I know, but I will finish it this week
• I had 4 meat free days, one each week. There was a week, I actually forgot . I actually felt good for doing this. I got more creative with my cooking and who knows, I may have meat free week!
• Exercise half happened. I went swimming and went on some really long walks. This is something I want to be intentional about. So this month, I have to do some classes to really work up a sweat!
• The baby free outings in August definitely happened. I went to Busaba Eathai for a friend’s goodbye dinner and also went to an escape room with my family. In addition to this, I even got to go to Caribbean Food Week!
• Unfortunately, My mani pedi didn’t happen 😥 I just couldn’t fit one in! Now we are in the autumn months, I can get a lovely deep colour. Evidence will be posted on the gram
Home sweet home
I set 3 goals for my home and accomplished 2. One is still outstanding!
• I cleared the space under the stairs and I organised the baby’s toys and books.
• I didnt sort my wardrobe and drawers out like I wanted. To be honest, each time I thought about it, I was like, hell to the nah! It’s a big job that will happen this month!
• All of the baby’s clothes have been sorted. All of the stuff that was too small was donated to the local charity shop.
That’s my family tree
I didn’t do too badly here either to be fair.
• Weekly date night with the hubby wasn’t weekly, but we fit some things in. We have both agreed we need to make date night happen. It’s so important.
• Board game Sunday happened! We played Game of Life and Nays won! I came second! Whoop whoop!
• Taking Hezzy swimming didn’t happen and I have a good excuse. Hezzy got promoted to big bath from baby bath. He absolutely hated it! He loves the bath now and it’s actually a chore trying to get him out. I will try taking him this month and hopefully he won’t throw a wobbly.
• Movie day- We had a few movie nights. As we have such a vast movie collection, i dont know why we don’t do it more often.
• For our family trip, we went to see Antman and Wasp. It was a pretty good movie.
To be honest, I completed a majority of my goals. What about the goals I didn’t achieve? I’m simply going to roll them into September. I will post my progress on Instagram. I haven’t given much thought to my goals for this month, but there will definitely be things to work towards. It is extremely satisfying to tick tasks or goals off of a list.
Did you achieve all you wanted to in the month of August? Let me know in the comments
Until next time,