Preparing for Christmas in July with Aldi UK

Hold on, did I just mention July and Christmas in the title? Erm, yes I did, and with good reason too! But why? You may ask. Over the past few weeks, you may or may not have seen the hashtag, Christmas in July. This is because companies and brands start marketing their Christmas ranges during this month. A few weeks ago, This Leo loves, Saharasplash and I, made our way to the Aldi UK press day. There was so much to see, so here are some of my favourites!

Aldi 2018 Christmas press brochure

You know you are adulting when…

You fall in love with saucepans! I love cooking, but I love amazing cookware even more! This stunning saucepan set with matching recipe stand are so instagrammable (Not a word, but you know what I mean).

Aldi cookware set and recipe stand

the final countdown

Old or young, who doesn’t countdown to Christmas? Advent calendars have come a long way from just having chocolate behind each flap! No matter your age, there is an advent calendar for you!

Childrens Advent calendars

JP Chenet Wine advent calendar

Aldi Luxury Countdown to Christmas advent calendar

It’s time for the main event

This is my favourite part of the season,the food! Everything I saw and tried was amazingly delicious. Great quality food that was full of flavour. If you are looking for something a little different, you need to add the three little pigs wrapped in blankets to your Christmas menu. They were absolutely divine. Everything from the cheese to the turkey I sampled, went down an absolute treat. I’m definitely doing my shop in Aldi this year.

Baking Camembert

christmas turkey with trimmings

Aldi Antipasti

The elves have been busy this year!

Wooden toys appear to be making a comeback. Most of the toys on display at the press day were made of wood. They looked so good, and everything was so detailed. The kitchen not only has a microwave, washing machine and dishwasher, that would be too basic. The fridge has an ice machine lol!

Childrens wooden play kitchen

Wooden play food

Wooden nativity scene

wooden Noah's Ark toy

My son loved the tractor, so guess what he’s getting for Christmas! Lol

baby playing with a wooden tractor

So there you have it, my mini round up of things to look out for so you can have, an amazing Aldi Christmas.

Are you a fan of natural skincare? Check my last post out here

Trousseau xx

17 Comments

1. July 25, 2018 / 6:42 am

Wow I can’t belive we are thinking about Xmas already! You blink right?..
    Great post.
    When ever Aldi have great stuff I always miss it. Gonna have to be abit quicker this Timea

• trousseau
      Author
      July 25, 2018 / 9:09 pm

The year has gone way too quickly!! Their stuff is awesome and they have some of their items online so you don’t have to go into store. Thanks for taking the time to have a read xx

2. July 25, 2018 / 7:14 pm

Wow! What a great event! I never think of Aldi and Christmas but their advent calendars and gifts look great!
    Rosie

• trousseau
      Author
      July 25, 2018 / 7:19 pm

I was exactly the same until I went to this event! They can definitely have some of my money! Xx

• trousseau
      Author
      July 25, 2018 / 8:08 pm

Thanks a lot! It really was a great event. Goes to show you can get great value for money without breaking the bank! ?

3. Samantha
    July 26, 2018 / 2:47 pm

I feel triggered that you’re talking about Christmas in July! Where is the time going? I’m just gonna settle some more into this great summer and the sunshine before I start thinking of Santa!

• trousseau
      Author
      July 27, 2018 / 12:15 pm

The way this summer is here to stay, we need to make sure the turkey isn’t being cooked on the barbecue this year lol! ?

4. July 27, 2018 / 1:02 pm

Love the post, even if I don’t want to think about Christmas yet, you’ve almost got me excited for it

• trousseau
      Author
      July 27, 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thank you so much! Before you know it, it will be here ???

5. July 27, 2018 / 1:09 pm

I need to go to ALDI! What great finds! Thank you for sharing!

• trousseau
      Author
      July 27, 2018 / 7:04 pm

And these were just a few of my favourites! There was so much more. I can hand on heart say, that loads of my gifts are coming from ALDI this year!

6. July 27, 2018 / 1:32 pm

I do love Christmas, but I get annoyed when it tries to take over other holidays. It already bulldozed Thanksgiving, and now it’s trying to take over Halloween! I hate seeing Christmas stuff before Halloween lol

• trousseau
      Author
      July 27, 2018 / 6:47 pm

I know what you mean, it’s like seeing Easter eggs in the supermarkets in January! Lol

7. July 27, 2018 / 9:56 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. Are we onto Christmas already??!!

Although, I have to say Aldi looks like it’s got us all covered for the Christmas season. There’s so many great things on offer. I think I’m going to have to get my hands on the wine advent calendar and I loooove the copper saucepans!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Now it’s time to get on down to Aldi!!

Lots of love,
    Molly xo

8. July 28, 2018 / 7:55 am

I’m happy to see that I’m not the only person who has been thinking about Christmas lately but I love to see all the stuff that Aldi are doing this year, they are always the place to go for food at Christmas!

Abigail-xo

• trousseau
      Author
      July 29, 2018 / 2:51 pm

I like to plan for christmas as i normally have quite a bit to do present and food wise! That and the fact i just love christmas lol! Because I don’t have an Aldi near me, I just never considered them. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. After seeing and tasting what they had to offer, I’m willing to make the 45 minute journey!