I Changed My Mind: Changing My Mindset In 2019

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to my first post of 2019! It looks like quite a few people had a tumultuous 2018, myself included. It wasn’t terrible but my highs literally just about surpassed my lows. Was it all bad? In a word, no. Even through the storm, I’ve learnt so much. One of the biggest things I learnt last year, was the importance of having a plan, having goals.

sweater that says more faith, less fear- changing my mindset in 2019

I believe that 2019 is going to be a fabulous year for me. Why is this year going to be different to any other year? The simplest answer is, I changed my mind…set (Keyshia Cole reference). I’m changing my mindset.

Visualize

Bottom line, in order to achieve some of my larger goals, I have to step out in faith. I can’t see to believe, I have to BELIEVE that I WILL see and be CONFIDENT in that. That is how the bible describes faith, and that is a truth I’m going to embrace.

Scripture Hebrews 11:1

Visualizing is so important especially when it comes to setting goals. For example, true example by the way! I really want to buy a house this year. It isn’t impossible. However, I need to get a mortgage. That is a lot of credit for anyone to have. I’ve made some terrible financial decisions in the past and I’m in the process of fixing my credit. My human mindset is telling me “Put this house idea on hold until you fix your credit”. My faith mindset is telling me “Work on your credit but book those house viewings as well! Miss out on your dream home for what?”

Picture of a house with a key-we will own our own home

You can’t always do what is normal. Normal brings normal results. Inject a little bit of “People are going to think I’m a bit crazy for this but…” and I’m sure you will get your desired result…If you believe of course! I call this faith others say laws of attraction. Whatever you believe, visualize what you want irrespective of your current situation.

Work, work, work, work, work aka action

Mate! You can put whatever you want in God’s hands or out into the universe. If you don’t take action, you might as well rip up your goals now. No matter how far fetched our goals may seem. We have to put the work in, we have to lay the foundations for our goals to materialise. Your dream opportunity will not appear by magic. Maybe you need a new set of skills, so you can work on that. You want a new job, is your CV updated? Although these are basic ideas, they are things we have to think about. Our actions are a vehicle for our goals to progress until fruition.

take action- notepad in hands that says never stop working

Visualize and Watch it Materialise

This all sounds rather easy, but in reality it’s not. There will always be a reason why you can’t do something. Someone will create doubt and question if what you are doing will work. Life itself can get in the way! Don’t even get me started on friends and family! They can be the best cheerleaders and even better naysayers!

One of my best friend’s really wanted to marriage to be part of her future. She wasn’t obsessing over it, but she knew she wanted someone to share her life with. My girl started going to bridal shops and trying on dresses. People even asked her, “what’s the point?” She wasn’t dating and she didn’t even have a ring on her finger. Fast forward a couple of years to today and she’s getting married this year! Some of you may say this is chance or coincidence. I believe this is a result of the action she took.

lightbulb in chalk thought bubble on a chalkboard-visualize and watch it materialise

Final note…

Things take time, some things longer than others. In the words of Take That , ‘Just have a little patience’. Everything happens in its time. Trust the process!

See you next time!

Trousseau xx

Comments

1. January 4, 2019 / 1:55 pm

Brilliant post, live it before u can have it, it shall come to pass. Love thatπŸ’―πŸ’―. Your posts r inspiring keep at it, thank you.

• January 4, 2019 / 4:08 pm

Thank you so much Gigi! Yes, yes and yes. If we walk in this attitude, nothing will be impossible πŸ€—β€

2. January 4, 2019 / 4:02 pm

Really inspiring post! I’m sure you’ll smash your goals, as will I!

• January 4, 2019 / 4:10 pm

Thank you Karen! We will indeed! Seeing it before it materialises is everything! β€πŸ˜‰

• January 5, 2019 / 9:51 am

It really can! I can get so caught up in new year hype, but this year really does feel different. I’m really determined to make a difference. Thank you for taking the time to read my post! πŸ€—

• January 7, 2019 / 12:01 pm

Hey Jenna! Thanks for stopping by and having a read. Amen to the change of mindset. Even in moments where you feel you are weak, confess you are strong. There is so much power in our words too!
      Amen and Amen on the house! I claim it. He really is a good, good father! Really appreciate your comment! Have a blessed 2019 lovely πŸ˜˜πŸ’›

3. Johnny
    January 7, 2019 / 9:59 pm

Some of the things in this post really resonate with me. Like family and friends being your biggest cheerleaders and better naysayers – this couldn’t be any more true. We do take a lot of what our close ones say to us to heart a lot. A lot of what you say is based around the law of attraction: you attract what you want by doing things centred around it. Enjoyed reading this a lot.

Johnny | Johnny’s Traventures

• January 7, 2019 / 10:23 pm

Hey Johnny! Thanks for reading and taking time to leave a comment. Everything we desire in life has an element of work involved. I’m all about being proactive this year and focusing on the end goal rather than my actual situation. Glad you enjoyed the post πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›

4. January 7, 2019 / 10:05 pm

Trust the process is one my favourite sayings. It reminds me to get my head down, keep working hard and don’t worry about results or the bigger picture just yet. Just keep going.

Inspired post – thank you for sharing.

• January 7, 2019 / 10:45 pm

Worrying gets us nowhere! If we have done all we can, there is no reason why we can’t achieve our end target…If it’s meant for us that is! Thanks for having a read and I hope you achieve all you want for 2019πŸ’›

5. January 11, 2019 / 9:25 pm

Amen! Yes God can make it all happen. Bible says He gives abundantly, exceedingly, above and beyond. Walk by faith and not by sight. You have to believe before you can actually see it.

• January 12, 2019 / 6:39 pm

That’s it! Have to believe to see! It is sometimes easier said than done, but I just have to hold on to the truths and promises in the word of God.

6. January 14, 2019 / 4:12 pm

This post was so encouraging! Thanks for inspiring me and boosting me with even more courage to have faith and WORK HARD for my goals!

I loved what you said here: “You can’t always do what is normal. Normal brings normal results.” Mm! So true! I’m working hard and dreaming big (that seems a little crazy) so that I won’t have “normal results” but CRAZY results beyond what seems possible!

I wish you the best! I hope you have an amazing year! πŸ™‚

• January 15, 2019 / 9:06 pm

So glad you were encouraged by the post! I’ve been grafting and have had a pretty proactive January. I’m literally laying the foundation for all that is to come, all that I visualise! Keep on believing and you will see!! I wish you all the best for 2019 and beyond! Thanks for reading πŸ€—